Dining Experience: Sustainable Solutions
CulinArt’s mission is to constantly evolve our culinary, social and environmental practices, and to exceed your expectations, every day. By preparing delicious, high-quality food that meets ever-changing needs, we offer the best of all worlds: mouthwatering dishes that are exceedingly nutritious and also present the least amount of negative impact to our planet.
Our sustainable solutions include:
- Purchasing ingredients from local and regional sources as a first choice.
- Sourcing proteins from suppliers that promote the humane welfare of farm animals. Our shell eggs are Certified Humane Cage-Free, and we source foods that are produced with minimal use of (or free from) chemicals and antibiotics.
- Striving to source “Best Choice” and “Good Alternative” rated seafood according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch recommendations.
- Reducing food production waste through our “Waste Not” kitchen tracking program.
- Driving change from the inside out through Compass Group’s landmark commitment to reduce food waste by 25% by 2020, and a longer-term goal to reduce food waste 50% by 2030.
Students will enjoy a variety of sustainability-focused promotions and education throughout the school year, including Sustainable Seafood Month in October and Stop Food Waste Day and Earth Month in April. Our goal is to raise awareness and promote solutions that positively impact today’s students and generations to follow.